Kristen McHardy is a single mother who lives with her two children in our community. One day, when she was cooking on the stove at home, a small amount of oil went up in flames. Within three minutes, most of her kitchen was ablaze. Thankfully, she and her children were okay and she managed to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. But the damage was extensive. The cupboards, range hood, cookware and parts of the stove were all ruined. The smoke damage throughout the entire house was the worst part.


“Everything on both levels of the house – from beds, furniture, my kids’ belongings – was all coated in soot,” Kristen said. “As a single parent who works outside the home, it was quite overwhelming to think about replacing all those items and doing a heavy cleaning so my family could return to some normalcy.”

Filed under: CHYM Tree Of Hope